Internal vacancy within The Societas Trust: Deputy Headteacher at Summerbank Primary Academy
Summerbank Rd, Tunstall, ST6 5HA
Salary range: L13-L17
Please note this is an internal vacancy and applications may only be made by those currently being employed by The Societas Trust
Due to the promotion of the post-holder, the Governors of Summerbank Primary Academy are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and highly motivated individual as Deputy Headteacher to help lead our academy through the next stage of its development.
We are a large, popular and culturally diverse academy that benefits from being part of The Societas Trust.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic leader, who will work with the Head Teacher and Local Governing Board to maintain and develop an organisation that promotes and secures excellent teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement, good behaviour and a setting where all thrive.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a highly effective leader with a proven record of leading change
- Has the skills and personal qualities to inspire and engage children, staff and parents
- Has high aspirations for all learners
- Is committed to making a difference to our community
- Possesses energy, enthusiasm and a sense of humour
The Deputy Head Teacher will under the direction of the Headteacher:
- Provide a clear educational direction for the school.
- Implement the vision, aims and objectives of the school and establish and embed the policies through which they are achieved, maintaining a culture that promotes excellence, equality and high expectations for all pupils.
- Contribute to the development of teaching and learning throughout the school and model best practice in school.
- Monitor, evaluate and impact upon the quality of teaching.
- Create and maintain an effective partnership with parents and carers to improve children’s achievement and personal and social development.
- Take responsibility for safeguarding pupils and ensuring child protection is effective
- Be responsible for key areas of school improvement as directed by the Headteacher, leading other colleagues on a professional level, maintaining quality relationships and bringing about change.
- Contribute at Trust level to support, strengthen and develop the partnership.
Informal visits to the academy are strongly encouraged.
For further details and an application pack, please contact Mrs Henderson, School Business Manager
Tel: 01782 233611 Email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 12.00 Monday 16th March
Summerbank Primary Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the DBS.