Our School Uniform
Wearing our Summerbank uniform is an important part of school life and helps children to feel part of our community and feel a sense of belonging. We take pride in our school and we expect parents to make sure that children are wearing the correct uniform each day.
All items can be purchased from:
Supersport Tunstall School Uniform Shop
Tel 01782 367629
The expected uniform for our children is:
- Grey or black skirt/trousers/pinafore dress/shorts
- Green Summerbank Academy sweatshirt or cardigan
- White polo shirt
- Checked green and white dress (summer)
- White, black or grey socks
- Plain black school shoes (not trainers)
- Grey or green or black or white shalwar kameez
- Green or black head scarf (for girls wishing to cover their hair for religious reasons)
Children in Years One to Six should come to school in their PE kit on the days when they are having PE. Our PE kit is made up of:
- Green school T-shirt
- Black shorts/leggings
- Pumps for indoor lessons and appropriate trainers for outdoor lessons
- Tracksuit or similar for outdoor games in cold weather
Children in Years Three to Six have a term of swimming lessons each academic year. All children are expected to take part in swimming lessons as they form an important part of the curriculum and represent a skill for life. Therefore children will need the following (in a waterproof bag):
- Swimming costume or trunks (baggy shorts are not permitted)
- Long hair should be tied back and all children will need a swimming cap
Should parents prefer their child to keep their body covered when swimming, they may also wear a tight fitting long sleeved T-shirt and leggings underneath their costume.
Wet and Cold Weather
Outdoor play and learning are a really important part of school life, therefore please make sure your child has appropriate clothing for the weather. If children walk to school in wellies or trainers, we expect them to bring their school shoes with them to change into. We also ask that parents/carers make sure their child has a warm waterproof coat.
Hot and Sunny Weather
Parts of our playground and school site are quite exposed to the sun, therefore we ask that on particularly warm and sunny days (when there is a danger children could get burnt) that sun cream is applied before coming into school. We also advise that they have a hat and a water bottle. We don’t allow children to wear flip flops in school, in particular this is to minimise potential accidents when playing outside.